New Name and New Look

Established in 1949, Friends of Quantock was originally set up to campaign against the felling of ancient woodland in Hodders Combe and the turning over of a large area of heathland to commercial connifer plantation.  Whether the name was based on colloquial reference at the time, or the threat being to a specific area, almost 75 years later we felt it was time to reflect the current colloquial reference and become ‘Friends of the Quantocks’ which also gave the opportunity to consider out logo.

Our logo had previously reflected the sessile oaks which are synonymous with the northern Quantocks, however when members were polled on what represented the Quantocks for them, the red deer and hills were the clear winners.

The old Friends of Quantock logo

We still have the same passionate members supporting us on the same aims and objectives, we still take great pride from the past achievements of our organisation, we have just updated ourselves and have a new look.